Career support by the Office for Promotion of Engineers Network of the Division of Mechanical Engineering
The Division of Mechanical Engineering at Tohoku University, established the “Office for Promotion of Engineers Network” and has cooperated with over 100 companies. The office supports students searching for jobs and cooperates with industries about education and research. Students focus on a place of employment based on the information gathered from company visiting program in their 3rd year of undergraduate studies, and while also taking an internship in the 1st year of graduate studies. Company brochures are also provided by the Office for Promotion of Engineers Network and the Technofestival Division of Mechanical Engineering. The students who would like to be considered for jobs by recommendation from the university will be considered based on request and an interview with a supervisor. Through this special program and collaboration with many companies, students have a high chance of being hired for the jobs they desire.
Career path of graduate student of Division of Mechanical Engineering (2019)
|The manufacturing industry:||115 people|
|The construction industry:||5 people|
|The electricity, gas, heat supply and water industry:||5 people|
|The telecommunication industry:||9 people|
|The transportation industry and postal industry:||7 people|
|The wholesaler and retail trade:||1 people|
|The scientific research, professional and technical services:||7 people|
|The miscellaneous services, n.e.c:||9 people|
|The government service:||1 people|
Place of employment of graduated master course students from the 4 departments of the division of mechanical engineering in 2019
- DOWA Holdings Co., Ltd.
- DYM Co., Ltd.
- Facebook, Inc.
- Guangzhou University
- Institute of Technology of Cambodia
- JFE Engineering Corp.
- JFE Steel Corp.
- LIXIL Corp.
- SEMES Co. Ltd.
- Subaru Corp.
- UD Trucks
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- ALPS ALPINE CO., LTD.
- Altech Corporation
- Isuzu Motors Ltd.
- Open House Co., Ltd.
- Omron Corp.
- Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies International Japan G.K.
- Caterpillar Japan LLC
- Canon Inc.
- CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS Corp.
- Kubota Corp.
- Keihin Corp.
- Komatsu NTC Ltd.
- Suntory Holdings Ltd.
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- SIGMA Corp.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Japan Marine United Corp.
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- SERAKU Co.,Ltd.
- Sony Corp.
- Sony Digital Network Applications, Inc.
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- SoftBank Corp.
- TADANO LTD.
- Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC
- Denso Corp.
- DENSO Hokkaido Corp.
- TOPCON Corp.
- Toyota Motor Corp.
- Nikon Co.
- Nitori Holdings Co., Ltd.
- New Balance Japan, Inc.
- Panasonic Co.
- Hirose Electric Corp.
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Bridgestone Corp.
- Bosch GmbH
- Mazda Motor Corp.
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
- Yamaha Corp.
- Yamaha Motor Corp.
- Yanmar Co.Ltd.
- YUMEMI Inc.
- YONEX Corp.
- Ricoh Co., Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei Corp.
- AGC Inc.
- Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK)
- SPACE ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT Co., Ltd.
- Kao Corp
- Marubeni Corp.
- Keio Corp.
- Railway Technical Research Institute
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
- Tohoku University
- Toyohashi University of Technology
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems , Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Komatsu Ltd.
- Kobelco Eco-Solutions Co.,Ltd.
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- Kawasaki Heavy industries, Ltd.
- All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.
- Sojitz Corp.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- TAMAGAWA HOLDINGS CO.,LTD.
- Taikisha Ltd.
- Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Shimadzu Corp.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Toray Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Central Japan Railway Co.
- TOKYU RAILWAYS Co., Ltd.
- Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
- TOKYO KEIKI INC.
- Institute of Engineering Innovation Scool of Engineering,the University of Tokyo
- Tokyo Electric Power Company holdings, Inc.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corp.
- TOHOKU EPSON CORP.
- Tohoku-Electric Power Co., Inc.
- TONETS CORP.
- JGC corp.
- Nissan Motor Corp.
- NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING CO., LTD.
- IBM Japan, Ltd.
- Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- NIPPON STEEL CORP.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.
- Hino Motors., Ltd.
- Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd.
- Hitachi High-Tech Corp.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Fujitsu Optical Components Ltd.
- National Institute for Materials Science
- Toyota Industries Corp.
- Hokkaido Television Broadcasting Co.,Ltd.
- Honshu-Shikoku Bridge Expressway Co.,Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
- Japan Manned Space Systems Corp.
- Japan Ground Self-Defense Force
1st year Master Course students can take a two or three week internship during the University scheduled summer vacation. Students receive hands-on training in companies from diverse fields. Overseas internships (usually two months) are also accepted. Students participating in an internship with Japanese companies are accepted to take part in training, however this does not guarantee future employment with the company where an internship is undertaken.
By doing internships, students can see a larger society and realize the connection between their studies and research in graduate school with real life applications.
The Technofestival is held every year by current students. Putting company booths on-site during the festival, students who think about job searching in the Division of Mechanical Engineering can see booths and have an opportunity to meet individually with people from various companies. In addition to freely choosing and hearing introductions from companies, many of which are utilizing cutting edge technology, it is an event that students can take time to prepare for prospective job searching and career planning. The Staff of Professors from the Division of Mechanical Engineering recruit companies that join this event and support in carrying out the event by volunteering time and financially supporting the event.