The world needs leaders who can innovate and hasten solutions for world problems. We believe in humans who cooperate and negotiate with one another to solve the complex problems of the future will be the leaders of tomorrow.
At the Division of Mechanical Engineering, we promote multidisciplinary programs and projects with researchers in diverse fields.
You can see the variety of programs and projects we are offering.
Leadership Education Program for Ph.D. students
We offer enriching programs for Leading Graduate Schools and cultivate talented individuals to become leaders in the world.
Division for International Joint Graduate School Programs
The Division of Mechanical Engineering has joined the Division for International Joint Graduate School Programs at Tohoku University as can be seen below. It implements joint education by spreading Tohoku University’s expertise beyond the bounds of the department and creates strong collaboration with influential universities overseas, with the aim of contributing to and cultivating global talent.
Impulsing Paradigm Change through Disruptive Technologies Program(ImPACT)
Using the research results from the COI STREAM project
The center creates an increase of motivation from society by promoting the work of sensors, especially in the field of medicine.
Attached Research Center of Graduate School of Engineering
- Fracture Reliability Research Institute, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University
- Micro/Nano-Machining Research and Education Center Tohoku University
Research Center of Graduate School of Engineering
- Center of Robotics for Extreme And Uncertain Environments (CREATE)
- Next Generation Transport Aircraft Research Center
Research Center of Mechanical Engineering
- Center for Surface Modification Engineering（Prof. Soyama)
- Center for Design based tribology（Prof. Adachi)
- Research Center for Precision Nanosystems（Prof. Gao)
- Center for Research and Development about RT in Special Environment（Prof. Tadokoro)